[rt-users] Slower ticket display with RT-IR installed

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Mon Dec 17 13:30:00 EST 2012

Dear RT community,

Now that we have a finished install for grins I pulled the
"Time to display" values for 4 typical pages from RT with
and without the RT-IR plugin enabled:

Effect of RTIR on RT 3.8.13+security patches responsiveness:

w/o RTIR:
----
front page - Time to display: 0.77
tickets new search - Time to display: 2.31
rtfm - Time to display: 0.14
sample ticket - Time to display: 1.27
----
w/ RTIR:
----
front page - Time to display: 1.08 +40%
tickets new search - Time to display: 2.41 +4%
rtfm - Time to display: 0.16 +14%
sample ticket - Time to display: 2.66 +109%
----

As you can see there is a dramatic slowdown for both the
front page and pulling up a sample ticket. By virtue of
running the new version in an nginx+fastCGI configuration
at least the slow dribble of web content to the browser
is concealed. The "front page" and "sample ticket"
slowness as well as the most dramatic will impact the
users the most because those are the two that are used
far and away the most.

I have opened a bug report for this issue already #21729,
but does anyone have any ideas about what could be done
to improve the performance of those two page displays?

Regards,
Ken