[rt-users] RT 4 "Approvals"?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 1 14:29:41 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:43:29AM -0500, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> Where might I find information on the per-queue
> setting for "Workflow" which has a choice called
> "Approval"
>
> What is the idea?  Where is it explained?
>
> How does one make use of it?
>
> I converted a test queue to use the "Approval" workflow,
> submitted a ticket, resolved the ticket, and saw nothing
> out of the ordinary.
>
> It's quite possible this has been around for awhile,
> but we made the jump from 3.4.4 to 4.0.4.

The Lifecycle (I'm not sure where Workflow came from) field on a Queue
changes which statuses are available in that queue.  Changing a random
queue from default to approval doesn't turn it into an Approval queue.
That Lifecycle is only intended to be used on the ___Approvals queue
and there's a bug open to hide it from normal queues to avoid the
confusion that it causes.

-kevin