[rt-users] RT 4 "Approvals"?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 1 15:50:59 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 03:39:45PM -0500, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> >The Lifecycle (I'm not sure where Workflow came from) field on a Queue
> >changes which statuses are available in that queue.  Changing a random
> >queue from default to approval doesn't turn it into an Approval queue.
> >That Lifecycle is only intended to be used on the ___Approvals queue
> >and there's a bug open to hide it from normal queues to avoid the
> >confusion that it causes.
>
> Yes, lifecycle.  I don't know where workflow came from.
>
> Turns out I can't switch the queue's lifecycle back to
> 'default' now.  RT won't let me (no error, just won't
> save the change).

Yeah, one of the other folks here found that recently, unfortunately
the fix didn't get rolled in before 4.0.5 hit the pre-release track.

http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=19286

You can test out his branch, or just go fiddle in the DB.  It's a
special case of the default lifecycle.  You can switch between other
lifecycles just fine which is why it took so long to spot.

-kevin