[rt-users] Problem configuring AD integration

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 2 12:15:33 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 04:21:48PM +0000, Bruno Martins wrote:
> Can't call method "as_string" on an undefined value at /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm line 304.
>
> I've followed instructions at http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/ExternalAuth to set this up.

I suggest the docs in the config and with the module over anything on
the wiki.

> Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [   'My_LDAP',
>                                 'My_MySQL',
>                                 'My_SSO_Cookie'
>                             ]
> );
>
> Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  [   'My_MySQL',
>                                 'My_LDAP'
>                             ]
> );

Why do you have all of these turned on? You've only configured
My_LDAP. Telling RT to look into a misconfigured My_MySQL will only
cause other errors.

The config as shipped is an example and you should remove the pieces
you aren't using.

>                                 'My_LDAP'       =>  {   ## GENERIC SECTION
>                                                         # The type of service (db/ldap/cookie)
>                                                         'type'                      =>  'ldap',
>                                                         # The server hosting the service
>                                                         'server'                    =>  'jupiter.galileu-f.galileu.pt',
>                                                         ## SERVICE-SPECIFIC SECTION
>                                                         # If you can bind to your LDAP server anonymously you should
>                                                         # remove the user and pass config lines, otherwise specify them here:
>                                                         #
>                                                         # The username RT should use to connect to the LDAP server
>                                                         'user'                      =>  'ldap_domainadmin',
>                                                         # The password RT should use to connect to the LDAP server
>                                                         'pass'                    =>  'ldap_password',
>                                                         #
>                                                         # The LDAP search base
>                                                         'base'                      =>  'dc=galileu-f,dc=galileu,dc=pt',
>                                                         #
>                                                         # ALL FILTERS MUST BE VALID LDAP FILTERS ENCASED IN PARENTHESES!

See this doc ^

>                                                         # YOU **MUST** SPECIFY A filter AND A d_filter!!
>                                                         #
>                                                         # The filter to use to match RT-Users
>                                                         'filter'                    =>  'objectClass=*',

You're missing parens on this filter which I believe is causing your
problem.

>                                                         # A catch-all example filter: '(objectClass=*)'
>                                                         #
>                                                         # The filter that will only match disabled users
>                                                         'd_filter'                  =>  'UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2',
>                                                         # A catch-none example d_filter: '(objectClass=FooBarBaz)'
>                                                         #
>                                                         # Should we try to use TLS to encrypt connections?
>                                                         'tls'                       =>  0,
>                                                         # SSL Version to provide to Net::SSLeay *if* using SSL
>                                                         'ssl_version'               =>  3,
>                                                         # What other args should I pass to Net::LDAP->new($host, at args)?
>                                                         'net_ldap_args'             => [    version =>  3 , port => 3268  ],
>                                                         # Does authentication depend on group membership? What group name?
>                                                         #'group'                     =>  'GROUP_NAME',
>                                                         # What is the attribute for the group object that determines membership?
>                                                         #'group_attr'                =>  'GROUP_ATTR',
>                                                         ## RT ATTRIBUTE MATCHING SECTION
>                                                         # The list of RT attributes that uniquely identify a user
> 							# This example shows what you *can* specify.. I recommend reducing this
>                                                         # to just the Name and EmailAddress to save encountering problems later.
>                                                         'attr_match_list'           => [    'Name',
>                                                                                             'EmailAddress',
>                                                                                             'RealName',
>                                                                                             'WorkPhone',
>                                                                                             'Address2'
>                                                                                         ],

You also want to read the doc above attr_match_list.  As configured, you
cannot have to Bob Smiths in your RT.

-kevin