[rt-users] RT-to-RT communication

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 3 12:42:06 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 10:40:22PM +0100, Alek Cesarz wrote:
> Alek Cesarz pisze, W dniu 2012-01-25 21:48:
>
> > thanks Kevin. will check and get back with results.
>
> I tried to review the code but with no success. nothing found in
> incoming mail looks like it should trigger any special behaviour, but...
> I am not a Perl hacker so my understanding of RT's code is limited.
> what I found is that during ticket creation RT adds following headers to
> first transaction:
> >>
> RT-Squelch-Replies-To:	 request at blahblah.net.pl
> RT-DetectedAutoGenerated:	 true
> >>
> which may block autoresponder.
> request at blahblah.net.pl is the address from which other instance of RT
> is sending mails.
>
> below are original headers from incoming email and headers recorded in
> RT's first transation ("Ticket created")
>
> *original headers*:

This one ^ is going to cause the CheckForAutoGenerated method to
return true, which will cause those headers you saw and turn off
outgoing mail back to the auto generated user.  I'm not sure if there
is a config you could use to turn this off unfortunately, since RT is
trying to avoid having a mail loop.

Do further correspondences on your local ticket sent to the external
RT?

-kevin