[rt-users] [rt 4.0.4] Unable to change status from New -> Open

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Fri Feb 3 13:34:52 EST 2012

> You really want all local configs in RT_SiteConfig.pm, not
> RT_Config.pm.  Next time you upgrade, any changes to RT_Config.pm will
> be blown away.

Why doesn't Best Practical just do away this idea?

1. make install
       put new RT_Config.pm in place
       make a new 'RT_SiteConfig' help document from it (yes, Site)
       if there is an RT_SiteConfig.pm in place
           leave it alone
       else
           cp RT_Config.pm RT_SiteConfig.pm

2. Never mention "RT_Config.pm" anywhere.  Mention
    the help document you made from it.

[ Yes, I use RT_SiteConfig.pm, the gigantic WARNING ]
[ block in RT_Config.pm was obvious to me           ]