[rt-users] IP ACL for per-user access?

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Tue Feb 14 18:22:02 EST 2012

Has anyone ever created a method to restrict access for users by IP?  It
has never made me comfortable that superuser access is possible from
anywhere.  I can mitigate the risk with tools like Fail2Ban, but I'd
just as soon lock the interface down so they can't login at all except
from trusted sources.  Reviewing RT 4.0 code, seems like the best method
to override would be RT::User::HasPassword since it is short and least
likely to be changed version to version.  Hoping someone else has
already done this or similar and has some advice to share.  Otherwise, I
shall just plow ahead and post my solution on the wiki!

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>
Principal Consultant, Willing Minds LLC (http://www.willingminds.com)

** For faster support response time, please
** email support at willingminds.com or call 714-495-4000