[rt-users] Weird panic error

Bart bart at pleh.info
Thu Feb 16 04:02:34 EST 2012

Hi,

Weir experiencing a weird error in our production installation of RT,
something we haven't seen before.

It's randomly creatiing errors, after a bunch of refreshes it seems to work
again for a while.
Clearing the mason object cache + reloading the webservice also seems to
help a bit. (but only for a while)

Below a few errors that weir getting:

1) panic: attempt to copy value HTML::Quoted::Parser=HASH(0x7f7a770dc590)
> to a freed scalar 7f7a77eac6d0 at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/HTML/Quoted.pm line 79.
>
> 2) Cannot copy to ARRAY in sassign at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/HTML/Quoted.pm line 79.

The errors result in no history being shown, not in the overview page or on
the history page. (the history is replaced by the error line)

4.0.4 is our current version, I haven''t yet made plans for upgrading to
4.0.5. (should I?)
We've experienced these errors since version 4.0.4 of RT, we didn't seem to
have these errors with version 4.0.2.

It seems to be something with the HTML Quoted.pm file, thats the common
factor on all errors. I just don't have a clue on where to find the
solution.

Since the problem comes up randomly it's a little difficult to figure out
what's causing it, I'm assuming that it might be the plugin
"RT::Extension::HistoryFilter" but turing that one off will affect the user
experience allot.
Also, we can't seem to reproduce the error in our testing environment,
which uses the same plugins and an almost identical configuration.

In addition, I'm getting a bunch of errors in the apache logs for RT.
Though I'm not sure if they are related: (snippets of the most common
errors, they happen quite allot, especially the last one listed)

Error while loading /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server: Since your configuration
> exists (/opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm) but is not writable, I'm refusing to
> do anything.\n, referer: https://rt......
> Apache2::RequestIO::rflush: (103) Software caused connection abort at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Plack/Handler/Apache2.pm line 153, referer:
> https://rt......

Has anyone seen these errors before? And if so, what could be the cause?

Thanks in advance!

-- Bart