[rt-users] setting up "keywords" in RT 3.8.8

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 14:41:12 EST 2012

________________________________
 From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>
To: "rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com" <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] setting up "keywords" in RT 3.8.8

________________________________
 From: Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:11 AM

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 07:52:55AM -0800, Joseph Spenner wrote:
>    Years ago, I had RT2 running and using 'keywords' for various queues.
>    I'm now just trying to do this same sort of thing in RT 3.8.8 but having difficulty finding
>    the corresponding functionality.  My guess would be "CustomField", but if this is the case it
>    is not very intuitive.  Is it called something else?
>    Is there a document somewhere explaining how to do this in RT3?

This functionality is indeed called Custom Fields in RT 3 and 4.
If you tell the list more about what you'd like to achieve, someone
can probably point you to the right parts of the Custom Field feature
to do what you want.

-kevin

--------

Keven:
  Good to hear!

My goal is to have a single queue with
some CustomFields.  There needs to be several for this
 queue.  Some need to be a 'single selectable' field, and other
'multiple selectable' fields.   For example, the queue is a general
"Maintenance" queue for my systems.  I'd like to be able to create a
ticket, select the system affected from a list (one Custom Field), then
maybe select other Custom Fields depending what the maintenance was (ie:
 hard drive replaced, OS patched, hardware added).

--------

I got it figured it.  Actually, it was relatively intuitive once I found the right spot.  However, I'm curious about some of the fields.
What is the significance of the "Category" field?
And the "Description" is just informational?