[rt-users] Add Cc and Mail ticket with RT ident

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 22 09:51:17 EST 2012

On 02/22/2012 06:21 AM, Radek Svoboda wrote:
> Hi,
> We use email for creating new tickets. When I send message to RT with
> CC  to user,  the Cc-ed user is CC of the ticket, but the mail get from
> me (and his reply to me too). But I need, the reply comms to RT.  Is the
> way, how to send mail to Cc-ed user via RT directly ?

Only if you don't Cc the person in your mail client (like your solution
of putting Set-Cc in the body, for example).  If you _do_ Cc the person
in the mail, that copy of the message never hits RT, and there's nothing
RT can do about it.

> I made scrip OnCreateAddCc, which parse Set-Cc from message body and add
> Cc to ticket, but I don't know, how set the first message to newly added
> Cc.

You probably want to use RT::Extension::CommandByMail to do this instead
of your scrip.  It will handle the problem you're talking about.

Thomas