[rt-users] 4.0.5 FastCGI nightmare

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 22 12:29:24 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:02:00AM -0500, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> On 2/21/2012 9:43 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> >sudo -u apache plackup --server FCGI /var/www/fcgi/rt-server.fcgi
>
> Works fine:
>
> FastCGI: manager (pid 21688): initialized
> FastCGI: server (pid 21691): initialized
> FastCGI: manager (pid 21688): server (pid 21691) started
> ^C
>
> Apache still just sits there spinning its wheels when hit
> by browser.

This is long before your browser comes into it.
This is apache failing to start the rt fastcgi server.

Try having RT log to a logfile other than Apache (syslog or it's own
file) and see if you can coax an error out of it.

You may also be able to get something if you turn up the apache
loglevel.  Unfortunately the error you posted originally is just
apache saying "something went wrong, I'll wait 30 seconds and try
again" and the error is either right before that in the logs, or was
eaten.

-kevin