[rt-users] Custom field value in an email

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 23 11:17:22 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 05:27:27AM -0800, nickyflavier wrote:

> I am getting transaction emails on RT is it possible to get the custom field
> value on that ticket and modify the transaction email to include the custom
> field value? Here is the example email:
>
> Wed Feb 22 10:36:16 2012: Request 166 was acted upon.
> Transaction: Status changed from 'open' to 'resolved' by user1
>        Queue: Bicycle
>      Subject: Tires is not working
>        Owner: user1
>   Requestors: user1 at gooble.com
> Custom Field: Value here

You can read more about customizing Templates here
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Customizing
You'll need to add a Custom Field:  and a call to
$self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue in there.  Keep in mind that the template you're
quoting is used by several different scrips, so your change may affect
multiple types emails.

-kevin