[rt-users] Problems with new users

Scott Pestana scott.pestana at linguamatics.com
Thu Feb 23 12:07:33 EST 2012

Kevin,
     We're setting up a new development RT server to try to pick apart
our issues (and also as a staging platform for RT upgrades).  In that
spirit I thought I'd ask you to look over the RT_SiteConfig.pm I've set
up based on our existing instances (don't worry its short, and
attached).  After our conversations, I think I want to make these changes:

- Set($AutoCreate, {Privileged=>1});
+ Set($AutoCreate, {Privileged=>0});

-                        'attr_match_list' => [ 'EmailAddress' ]
+                       'attr_match_list' => [ 'EmailAddress',
+                                                            'uid' ],

     Then I will want to install from CPAN RT::Extension::LDAPImport.pm
(hm, that author's name seems familiar...) and then set up a
RT_User_Update.pl script that will look something like this (based on
the CPAN documentation):

#/usr/bin/perl
#RT_User_Update.pl - NSP 20120222
use RT;
use RT::Extension::LDAPImport;
Set($LDAPHost,'ldap://ldapserver.linguamatics.com');        #CPAN leaves
out the $....
Set($LDAPUSER,'');
                 # again
Set($LDAPPassword,'');
             # and again
connect_ldap();

#Mirror RT_SiteConfig.pm for the Attribute Mapping:
Set($LDAPMapping, { 'Name' => 'uid', 'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
'RealName' => 'cn',
             'ExternalAuthId' => 'uid', 'Gecos' => 'gecos' };

#Pull in the records since last time:
import_users( 'import' => 1 );

#Clean up
disconnect_ldap();

1;

      And then we'll run that perl script on our RT server (owlwoman,
etc) whenever new employees come on board (and have been entered into
LDAP).  Does this make sense?

-Scott

--
N. Scott Pestana