[rt-users] rt 4.0.5 - Autocomplete field type for external custom field does not work for non root user

Jim Lesinski jim.lesinski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:38:32 EST 2012

The user (RTuser) is Privileged.

Here is an outline of the permissions assigned to RTUser:

RTUser is a member of a GroupA that has OwnTicket, StealTicket and
TakeTicket rights on the queue1.

GroupA is a member of GroupB, which has CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket,
ReplyToTicket, Watch, SeeCustomField, SeeQueue, and ShowTicket permissions
on queue1.

To test permissions, I just now assigned every single permission to RTUser
on the General Rights, Rights for Staff, and Rights for Administrators tabs
to RTUser for queue1 and still the autocomplete values do not populate.

If I go to Tools - Configuration - Global - User Rights and add RTUser and
then check in "Do anything and everything", the autocomplete values work
for groups.pm.