[rt-users] Customising Quicksearch to show unowned ticket counts

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 28 10:38:59 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 20:50, Tim Cutts <tjrc at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Ruslan, thanks for the quick response.
>
> On 27 Feb 2012, at 15:34, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
>
>>> So I've overridden the QueueSummaryByLifecycle element and just perform the extra queries separately by another RT::Report::Tickets object searching for unowned tickets in all the requested queues, unowned, and grouped by queue, and use that to add 'unowned' hash elements to the $data hash.  Is that the best approach, or have I missed something a bit more elegant?
>>

>> add callback right before the following line and change $query as you need:
>>
>> $report->SetupGroupings(...);
>>
>> In your case callback would simple:
>>
>> $$Query = "($$Query) AND Owner = 'Nobody'";
>>
>> Also, components have:
>>
>> $m->callback( CallbackName => 'Filter', Queues => \@queues );
>>
>> You can add similar callback to filter statuses a few lines later.
>>
>> So two simple patches that add one line callback calls and two callback files.
>
> Ah, neater, but that's not quite what I'm after though; I need the existing status columns to be unchanged (i.e. tickets owned by anyone) whereas the unowned column is tickets in any active status which are owned by Nobody; I don't think that can be done with a single call to SetupGroupings, can it?

Do you want Unowned column next to statuses? If so then overriding
plugin is for sure better way to go.

Take a look at SummaryByUser extension.

Old version in RT 3.8 used too many queries for this box. In RT4 it's
only one, so there is no way back. I would recommend you to figure out
SetupGroupping thing and you would be able to do required box in two
queries.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.