[rt-users] Set colour tickets by priority

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Feb 29 05:34:36 EST 2012

On 29 Feb 2012, at 09:09, Jeffery, Guy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The tutorial doesn't work for me on 4.0.5. I'm also trying to find an alternative.
>
> The code I'm putting in <RTInstallationDir>/local/html/Callbacks/MyCallbacks/Elements/RT__Ticket/ColumnMap/ColumnMap is being seen, because if I make a deliberate error it fails to compile, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
>
> There must be people who have upgraded to 4.0.* who want to keep this feature, hopefully someone can help us.

I've been struggling with that too.  In fact, it *does* work, in my hands, but only on additional custom searches that I add to my home page or to a dashboard.  It doesn't work on the default searches, which suggests that the code path for those is slightly different, but I haven't determined in what way they differ.

One place that Wiki entry needs updating, if you look at the underlying code, is that ColumnMap is the old name for the callback.  It's still being called for backward compatibility under the old name.  If you want to use the new name, in RT 4 it's now called Once (for the simple reason that it only actually needs to be run once, when the perl code is compiling, to set up your column mappings).

Tim