[rt-users] RT Incorrect username or password.

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 29 17:12:16 EST 2012

Posting the same content twice just to bump your topic is impolite.

On 02/29/2012 04:59 PM, csbender wrote:
> I investigated where syslog shows a lot of errors for failure to login.

What are the syslog errors?

> Being suspicious I decided to run basic sql commands to see if I can login.

What "basic SQL commands"?  bin/rt is not SQL.

> Mind you I can log into the system via http.

With the same user and pass as /usr/local/bin/rt is configured to use?

> rt3#  /usr/local/bin/rt ls -i "Created > '1 Year Ago' AND Status != 'resolved'"
> -o -Created | xargs /usr/local/bin/report.pl
> rt: Incorrect username or password.

What is /usr/local/bin/report.pl?  It's not standard RT code.

What is the contents of ~/.rtrc?  This is the file used by bin/rt to login.

> WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

It means almost nothing without the information I asked for above.