[rt-users] What happened to <blank> for columns?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Tue Jan 3 12:23:07 EST 2012

On 1/3/2012 8:56 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 05:28:18PM -0500, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> I no longer see a selectable "<blank>" option for column
>> display.  We used this previously to, obviously, pad the
>> search results for readability.
>
> I'm not aware that BLANK was previously included in the select list of
> RT, unless your Format already included a BLANK added manually from
> the advanced section.  It was added to the default list when
> 4.0/blank-search-column was merged to trunk, and this change will be
> in 4.0.5.

It's quite possible it wasn't, but did show up in 3.x default
search formatting (pre-selected display fields based on config).

Once deleted from the list of fields to display, it could never
be added back from the web UI.  That's how 4.0.4 is as well.

Great to hear it will be "fixed" (added) in 4.0.5!