[rt-users] permissions in v4 versus v3.8.7

Poulter, Dale dale.poulter at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Jan 4 19:33:04 EST 2012

Thanks for the help.  This did seem to correct the issue, strange though that it worked in 3.8.7.

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Thomas Sibley
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 3:13 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] permissions in v4 versus v3.8.7

On 01/04/2012 04:07 PM, Poulter, Dale wrote:
> In version 4 I have the same settings but the unowned tickets are
> showing even if the “view queue” is not selected.  Is this still
> possible in version 4? Am I missing something obvious?  Thanks.

I'm betting you don't actually have the same rights setup.  "View Queue"
is SeeQueue, and that only controls the visibility of the queue _name_.
 ShowTicket is the right that lets people see tickets in a queue.  You probably have it granted too widely.

Thomas
--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston  March 5 & 6, 2012