[rt-users] SetMIMEHeadToEncoding bug?

BÁLINT Bekény balint.bekeny at docca.hu
Thu Jan 5 07:51:00 EST 2012

Hi,

I think I found a (strange) bug in RT. You can reproduce it in the
following way:
- Send an email into your RT with non-ascii characters in the Subject (eg.
accented characters)
- Open the created ticket and start to write a comment
- Modify the Subject (eg. add some random characters to the end)
- Select a file to attach
- Click on "Update Ticket" (register the comment)

The comment will be registered well the attachment will be okay but you
will see that the subject of this in the ticket history is wrong. Sometimes
it's also wrong in the outgoing mails, if there's any (depends on the
template?).

I started to dig the problem out. I realized that if I create the ticket on
web interface, everything is good.
I found that the problem is in file: Ticket_Overlay.pm, sub: _RecordNote,
line: RT::I18N::SetMIMEEntityToUTF8( $args{'MIMEObj'} );
It seems that the problem is coused by "In-Reply-To" header line in file:
I18N.pm , sub: SetMIMEHeadToEncoding.

Then I was lost a little bit and couldn't find a solution for this. Please
help me!

More info:
The problem exists in 3.8.11 and 4.0.3 with MIME-tools 5.427 and newer too.

Thanks,
Bekeny
Docca OutSource IT Ltd.