[rt-users] Strip the requestor

Randy Black Randy.Black at Buckle.com
Thu Jan 5 08:35:56 EST 2012

Looks like that extension has not had any work since 2010, therefore
should it not be used on a rt4 instance?

Thanks,
Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Cutts [mailto:tjrc at sanger.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 7:20 AM
To: Randy Black
Cc: Christian Loos; rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Strip the requestor

On 5 Jan 2012, at 13:17, Randy Black wrote:

> Seriously, that's no good.  I need to remove everything from the
requestor or change it to an internal user (nobody, root).  I cannot be
sending out emails for this queue.  A postfix overhaul is too big to fix
a problem that I am think could/should be easily done in RT.

> Any other suggestions?  Thanks for your help!

Use the queue deactivated scrips extension so that the scrips which send
emails aren't run on these particular queues?  That way you can preserve
who the requestor is, and still not have any email go out.

Tim