[rt-users] Change subject line for incoming mail

declaya chocoboselphie at gmx.de
Mon Jan 9 08:15:50 EST 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm searching for a way to change the subject line of incoming emails to RT.
My problem is the following:
We have a lot of users who are not able to describe their problems in the
email body and use only the subject line instead. So I thought about to
change the behavior of RT to change the subject line to about 50 characters
followed by "[...]". The whole subject line should be displayed again in the
ticket body.

Is there a way to achieve my goals? Do I have to change the
CreatTeickets.pm? Or made somebody already an extension for it?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!