[rt-users] rt-mailgate

Robert Nesius nesius at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:05:48 EST 2012

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I finally just turned off my re-write rule that was re-directing http to
https and side-stepped the rt-mailgate ssl failure all together.  Not
ideal, but in practice very few of my users log into RT directly so it's a
configuration I can live with short term while I figure out the real issue.

I've configured postfix to hand messages to the aliases for my queues
directly to rt-mailgate.  It is rt-mailgate that cannot verify the ssl
certificate that my web server is presenting it.  None of my web browsers
have trouble with it, so it feels like an rt-mailgate configuration issue.
I can repro the issue on the command line....

root at linux:~# /opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue 'general' --action
correspond --url https://request.domain.com/ < ~/test.msg
/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: temp file is '/tmp/XOCrOYAr8p/vkVDTmoszI'
/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: connecting to
https://request.domain.com//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway
An Error Occurred

500 Can't connect to
request.domain.com:443 (certificate
verify failed)

/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: undefined server error

-Rob