[rt-users] RES: RES: Re: RES: Sphinx fulltext index v4.0.4

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Thu Jan 12 13:11:55 EST 2012

On 1/12/2012 12:54 PM, Luciano Ernesto da Silva wrote:
> When you migrate to PostgreSQL, what version of RT were you using? RT 4?
> Any special option on script?

We dumped our RT 3.4.4 database from MySQL 4.1 (this is the
last time we touched the old data)

We stood up a new host.  It had MySQL 5.1.x

We loaded the MySQL 4.1 dump into the new MySQL 5.1.x instance

We followed docs/UPGRADING.mysql

We updated the password salt stuff (docs/UPGRADING.*)

Then...

We stood up PostgreSQL 8.4.9 on the same server

We reconfigured RT for 'Pg', then primed the DB + tables + acls
     make install
     sbin/rt-setup-database --action drop # ignore any errors
     sbin/rt-setup-database --action create
     sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema
     sbin/rt-setup-database --action acl

Then we migrated the data from MySQL 5.1 (running) to
PostgreSQL 8.4.9 (running) with:

     http://wiki-archive.bestpractical.com/view/rt-mysql2pg

There's no magic to the script's options.  It has --help