[rt-users] Custom Scrip that sometimes emails?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 16 10:54:28 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 19:19, John Hascall <john at iastate.edu> wrote:

>> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 07:35, John Hascall <john at iastate.edu> wrote:
>> > I have a custom scrip that does quite a lot of parsing of
>> > the content of an incoming email during ticket creation.
>> >
>> > Now I've been asked that under certain circumstances,
>> > determined by what it finds/doesn't find in the email,
>> > this scrip also send an email (to the requestor as
>> > well as possibly to an email address found in the
>> > message).
>
>> Use second scrip that emails with Notify* actions. Probably your
>> parser also updates ticket with info it found, so you can create
>> condition that finds required situation.
>
> How do I insure that the two scrips execute in the correct order?

I think in 3.8.1 we already order scrips by description, may be it's
by id. However, you don't need it. Changes from a scrip fire new
scrips. In second scrip you check that particular field was set by
transaction, check new and old values, check other required fields and
decide whether fire or not notification action.

Advantage of this is that notification is fired even when people
through UI changed ticket in similar way as your parser.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.