[rt-users] getmail not deleting messages from email server- RT4

Brad Arnold barnold at utls.com
Tue Jan 17 15:20:00 EST 2012

I'm just getting RT4.0.4 set up, and I've run into what is most likely a config issue between rt-mailgate and getmail.
And I'm running out of hair trying to find it.

Getmail will successfully retrieve the message from the mail server, but it apparently doesn't get marked as being delivered. The next time getmail runs, it grabs that same message again, which means every getmail run, the tickets get all of these messages appended to the bottom.

I've tried messing with the 'read', read_all', and 'delete' settings in the getmailrc, but no change.

When I execute getmail this is the output:
Delivery error (command rt-mailgate 7638 wrote to stderr: /opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: temp file is '/tmp/CnnU1Wj73w/NDivDH105O'
/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: connecting to https://RTSERVERNAME/rt/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway
okTicket: 4Queue: GeneralOwner: Brad.ArnoldStatus: openSubject: Test4Requestor: Brad.Arnold at SomeDomain.com)
  msg 1/2 (1474 bytes) from <unknown>, delivery error (command rt-mailgate 7638 wrote to stderr: /opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: temp file is '/tmp/CnnU1Wj73w/NDivDH105O'
/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: connecting to https://RTSERVERNAME/rt/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway
okTicket: 4Queue: GeneralOwner: Brad.ArnoldStatus: openSubject: Test4Requestor: Brad.Arnold at SomeDomain.com)

Thanks,
Brad