[rt-users] FW: scrip and template to email calendar invite

Brent Wiese bwiese at ElementPS.com
Thu Jan 19 17:23:27 EST 2012

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 04:33:20PM -0700, Brent Wiese wrote:
> >    My assumption is I would need to build a new template. What I
> can't figure out is the code
> >    that goes in the template so the text I'm adding isn't just parsed
> as the message content
> >    itself.
> >

> You may want to review the docs/customizing/templates.pod included with
> RT, which also talks about how to set a custom header type.
>
> You won't be able to build an attachment from your Template, so
> hopefully an inline solution works.
>
> -kevin

It looks like the only custom Content-Type is text/html. I can see where it looks for that in Template.pm.

What I need to do is set the Content-Type as: text/calendar; charset="utf-8"; method=REQUEST

I put an elsif in Template.pm to see if I could get it to pass that header on like text/html but it's not working.

Anyone more entrenched in the code able to point me in the right direction? It'd be great if there was some way to just pass the value after Content-Type: in the template to the email...

In my case, I actually don't need any readable message content outside of that Content-Type...

Thanks,
Brent