[rt-users] RT-to-RT communication

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jan 25 12:51:30 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 07:50:53AM +0100, Alek Cesarz wrote:
>    notifications are sent. when the ticket is opened by ticket from other RT - no autoreply is
>    sent.
>    I checked debug logs - it shows that all scrips are run, but no email is generated...
>    1. could somebody point me to piece of documentation which talks about logic of system when
>    dealing with RT tags and subject fields generated by other RT instance?
>    2. did I miss something and there is an obvious reason for this behaviour?

My guess is that RT sees that it is an Autogenerated message and
doesn't want to cause a loop with more autogenerated mail.

There's a branch to make this path even chattier, which should make it
into 4.0.6, but you can check by looking at the incoming headers and
comparing them to the checks in _HandleMachineGeneratedMail in
lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm to figure out what is triggering.

-kevin