[rt-users] SeeCustomField right applied on Queue vs on CF ?

Daniel BLANC dabl at 42kettles.net
Thu Jan 26 13:19:56 EST 2012

Hi All,

My users can't see customfield on search form. I'm aware that they
should first select a queue and submit, but even if they do it, they
can't see the customfields. SuperUser can see them.

Also, when they create, modify or display a ticket they can see and
modify those custom fields, so the problem is only on the search form
(Search/Build.html).

My users are in a "team" group, and this group have "SeeCustomField" and
"ModifyCustomField" rights on the queue.

I had to give SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomField rights to the "team"
group on the custom field itself, just to be able to see it in the
search form.

Looks awkward to me, am I doing something wrong ?

I'm using RT3.8.7 on ubuntu 10.04.1.

Thanks,

--
daniel