[rt-users] Unknown encoding in rt-mailgate

Robert Wysocki robert.wysocki at contium.pl
Tue Jan 31 05:42:22 EST 2012

Hello,

Today we discovered, that for a few days one of the messages sent to out
RT is sitting in exim queue and not passing through to RT.
After trying passing it to rt-mailgate by hand we got "Unknown encoding"
error.

After analyzing the headers it became obvious that the fault is on the
side of our client - the encoding specified was an nonexistent one.

Since the encoding was specified, EmailInputEncoding doesn't apply to
it. What is the proper way of accepting such emails to RT?

Regards,
--
Robert Wysocki
administrator systemów linuksowych