[rt-users] Change the place of title page name

Kevin Riggle kevinr at bestpractical.com
Mon Jul 2 13:18:43 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Jonathan Khattir's message of Mon Jul 02 10:03:55 -0400 2012:
> Hi, I would like to known how i can change the place of the title of
> current page view.
>
> The variable is $Title, define in /Element/Header so i would like export
> this variable or the div <div id="header"><h1><% $Title %></h1></div> to
> display the page name in footer (/Element/Footer) for exemple.

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately (as you've likely seen) $Title is set on the pages
themselves, as an argument passed directly to Header, while the Footer
is included from lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm, much higher in the stack.  To
change this would break lots of things which rely on the existing
behavior.  I don't recommend it.

Why do you want to put the page title in the Footer?  Could you
accomplish the same thing by putting eg. the m->request_comp->path in
the Footer instead?

Best,
- KevinR