[rt-users] Installing and Configuring Asset Tracker in RT

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 5 19:42:52 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 12:42:23PM +0200, Carlos Becker wrote:
> I installed the debian rt4 packages on Debian stable 6.x squeeze.
> Unfortunately squeeze does not provide rt4 and assettracker packages
> so I use the packages that are available in debian testing (using apt pinning).
>
> After some tweaks (there were issues with the mysql schema about TYPE=InnoDB which now must be ENGINE=InnoDB)

If debian is shipping rt4 packages with TYPE=InnoDB that's a bug. RT has
shipped ENGINE since 4.0.0 and fixed it in 3.8 with 3.8.11.

> basically installation went fine, but again I am getting display problems with the rt start page.
> What I see in the front page is the text:
>
> <LABEL ACCESSKEY="9"> <SELECT NAME ="Type" onchange="document.CreateAssetOfType.submit()" class="select-assettype"> </SELECT> </LABEL>
> and

Looks like Asset Tracker is pushing HTML into localized strings which
is something we've discouraged for a long time and disabled in 4.0.6
because of the massive security holes in the approach. The Asset
Tracker authors can convert to using l_unsafe but need to make sure
they're not just introducing security holes.  Best Practical doesn't
work on Asset Tracker, so you probably want to contact the AT team
directly.

-kevin