[rt-users] Charset for logs

Ole Jon Bjørkum olejon at live.com
Mon Jul 23 03:36:27 EDT 2012

RT is installed from the Ubuntu repository, and the installation seems to log to /var/log/syslog and /var/log/apache2/error.log. However, I just discovered that it is only the Apache log that has charset problems. The syslog shows all characters correctly. Also, the Apache log logs in GMT while the syslog logs in the correct timezone, but I guess that is how it's supposed to be.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by raw subject line.
This is what shows up in Outlooks internet headers: Alle nye og ?pne sakerThis is how the subject line looks in Outlook: Alle nye og �pne saker jeg eier
The question mark should be the character "å", so the word should be "åpne"
The message body uses the correct charset (I can see that UTF-8 is specified in the HTML).
Thanks