[rt-users] RT 4 Upgrade Slow Performance - CustomFields?

Nathan Baker bakern at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 00:00:40 EDT 2012

Ruslan,

I agree with your recommendation in general for most installations,
especially ones larger than ours.  I don't think increasing the
KeepAliveTimeout is necessary anymore now that I fixed the swapping issue,
because the initial page load does not take a long time anymore.  However,
for our environment I know that there will never be more than 5 people
accessing the site at once, so we will never run into the scenario you were
giving as an example.  The reason I left the KeepAliveTimeout at 60 was
because I'd like to have it as fast as possible once a user starts doing
something, and I think a user could look at a ticket for more than 15
seconds (the default KeepAliveTimeout in my apache configuration) and then
continue on, but it's not as likely they would take longer than 60 seconds
in between clicks.  For our environment it would be fine to have 5 apache
processes dedicated for 5 users at once.

Thanks for the information on the lightweight front-end, it looks like it
would help a lot, although I think it might be overkill for our relatively
small installation.

-Nate