[rt-users] Lost RT server, reinstall 3.8 or upgrade to 4 preserving database?

Brian Buchanan BrianBuchanan at interfast.ca
Sun Jun 3 13:46:24 EDT 2012

I have lost my RT3 server, and it's backup.  I still have the database in
Oracle, which was on another machine.

I'm looking for advice on how to approach this reinstallation.  I do not
know the exact version of RT3, I think it was 3.8.8 but is there anyway to
determine that by looking at the Database?

I'm considering installing RT4 on a new machine and proceeding as an
upgrade.  The only mod I had was LDAP (Active Directory) Authentication, I
haven't found out if RT4 supports that itself, or if I need to find that mod
again.

Thanks again for any advice.

Brian