[rt-users] Append Data to CustomFields

TheHoboKing demon_eyes_kyoms at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:42:00 EDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I did attempt with TransactionBatch (and Create), the value obtained
from the Transaction CF is always ' ' as if it's unable to capture the
actual value.

Here's the code I was using, I've tried with different variation but was
never able to get the value that was being added in the Trans-CFs.

As a test, I was simply trying to get the value from the Trans-CFs and right
it back in a Ticket CF.

--------------
Custom Condition:
return 1;

Custom action preparation code:
return 1;

Custom action cleanup code:
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $cf_obj = RT::CustomField->new( $RT::SystemUser );

my $cf_name = "ValueFrom_tr-cf";
my $trcf_name = "tr-cf";

my $trcf_value = "1";

#Read and store the value of the Transaction CF "tr-cf"

$cf_obj->LoadByName(Name=>$trcf_name);
$trcf_value = $ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue($trcf_name);

#Add the value to the Ticket CF
$cf_obj->LoadByName(Name=>$cf_name);
$ticket->AddCustomFieldValue(Field=>$cf_obj, Value=>$trcf_value,
RecordTransaction=>0);

return 1;

Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thank you