[rt-users] Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves...

Glenn E. Sieb gsieb at efashionsolutions.com
Mon Jun 4 16:29:01 EDT 2012

Herro (decided since I'm actually doing this for *work*, I would
actually post from *work*'s email, since I have little-to-no time to
read my own mail at home lately)!

Hey everyone! Running Centos 5.8, RT v4.0.5, Perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.3,
MySQL 5.5.21.

Some questions:

1) Can I get a spellchecker to work in 4.0.5? We're setting this up for
some people here who require a spell checker, and Firefox/Chrome's
built-in will *not* work with RT's ticket body boxes. :-/ If this is
possible, is there a howto? I've read the wiki, but they all seem to be
for 3.x.x, not 4.

2) Is there an extension that lets me define a signature for separate
queues? (It can be only per queue, it doesn't have to be per-user.) So,
a signature that all emails going out from queueA get, queueB has it's
own, queueC it's own, etc.

Some concerns:

3) I run RT 4.0.5 on my home server, and have since version 2. I set up
4.0.5 here at work, and I noticed some oddities. The submenu disappears
on submission of a form. (Screen captures are here:
http://www.wingfoot.org/gallery/v/Glenn/ges-misc/RT/, pink is the work
site, brown is the home server) Needless to say, my users are not liking
this, and really, I'm finding it odd.

4) Possibly related to #3, when I go to Tickets/New Search, I'll fill
out the criteria area, and hit "Add these terms and search".. blank
results. Every time. And no submenu. (So the menu under the "New Ticket
in" button that says "Edit Search" etc.) If I put the criteria in as
"Add these terms" then click "Show results" in the submenu, I get
results. Occasionally, I get the submenu. Oddness. :-/

As always,

Thank you in advance!
Best,
--Glenn

(Aside: Jesse--are there going to be any more RT training sessions in
the Northeast US in the near future?)

--
Glenn E. Sieb
System Administrator