[rt-users] Scrip/template "Notify parent ticket owner on resolve"?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Wed Jun 6 12:31:45 EDT 2012

On 6/5/2012 6:40 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Create a Template called "Notify Parents on Resolve".
>
> The Template should have code similar to this (loop thru all parents and
> add the Emailaddress of the ticket owner to the "To:" line in the
> Template) at the top (test the code to correct my mistakes):
>
> To: {my $parent = $Ticket->MemberOf;); ...

[snip]

Kenn,

That's what I was stumbling toward, but it seemed like I was
perhaps missing a better way to do it. It can be a little
daunting trying to figure out *where* to customize RT before
you even get to the *how* part.

You could have just said, "Yes, override the To: with code
in a custom template", but I'll gladly take your much more
detailed response! :)

Thanks.

PS: You got a tip via an Amazon purchase yesterday ;)