[rt-users] Too Many Notifications for Approvals

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 6 22:42:25 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 05:24:32PM +0000, Jennifer Koermer wrote:
>    We are using RT 3.8.4.  We've implemented approvals, and in general think it is working.  We
>    have the following issue however:
>
>    Approval has been approved and the ticket is set to resolved.
>
>    Another approver sends an email comment which opens the approval.
>
>    The owner is sent an email using the template "New Pending Approval".  The approve again,
>    tickets resolves, ticket reopens, and a new email using "New Pending Approval" gets
>    sent...needless to say we have some frustrated users.
>
>    Is there a way to just block the "New Pending Approval"?  When the ticket is created, an email
>    is automatically sent.  We are not using multiple approvals and cannot see where the
>    NewPending.pm approval would be used in our situation.
>
>    It looks like NewPending.pm is what is creating the email using that approval.  Can I just
>    delete lib/RT/ Approval/Rule/NewPending.pm?

If you do that, approvals will break catastrophically.

Just make the New Pending Approval blank, RT doesn't send emails if
the template in use is blank.

It is interesting that you're using Owners of approval tickets (who
are typically the Approvers) AND have multiple approvers (which
generally means you're using AdminCcs).

-kevin