[rt-users] SeeGroupDashboard - trying to let group A see group B's dashboards

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 12 10:55:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

Your steps are correct from ACLs point of view and in theory should work.
However, I totally believe that it may fail to work.

I didn't look into this part of the code for a while and I may be wrong
here. Dashboards inherit privacy and ACL concepts from saved searches that
were in the system for a while. From the beginning we showed group's saved
searches only to users of the group even if she has rights on other groups.
We now have code that can "select groups on which user has right X", but
still SQL is complicated and we don't change this.

Basic test can confirm me theory. Add some user from A group to B group,
login as this user and check if he can now see searches of both groups. If
he can then I'm right.

It's fixable, but out of our radar at the moment.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.