[rt-users] Slightly off-topic

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Jun 12 16:26:55 EDT 2012

I have a need to access information in another database simultaneously
to the , so I cloned RT::Handle.pm into my own RTx::FooBar::Handle
that access the other database.  Now I'm testing this on my Linux box
and everything is running fine, but I copied it over to my MacBook Pro
in order to demo it to a client, but Postgres is complaining that it's
running out of database handles.  So I added a DESTROY method to my
RTx::FooBar::Handle that does a $self->dbh->disconnect.  I stuck a
call to $RT::Logger->debug in that DESTROY method just to make sure.
On the Linux box, it's definitely getting called and the debug is
printing out, but I wasn't running out of handles there so I don't
know if that's helping matters.  On the Mac, either it's not getting
called or the logger isn't working, and it's running out of handles
still.  Any suggestions?

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin