[rt-users] R: Extension to allow queue change on creating child ticket

Scotto Alberto al.scotto at reply.it
Tue Jun 12 16:58:56 EDT 2012

If I understand well, then you didn't search very well: this extension is listed in bestpractical's website!
http://bestpractical.com/rt/extensions.html

http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-SpawnLinkedTicketInQueue/lib/RT/Extension/SpawnLinkedTicketInQueue.pm

BTW, there is something I don't quite understand about this extension, and I'm gonna ask.
The fact is that the child ticket created by the extension does not contain any text of the original request, which doesn't seem very nice to me..
Maybe the idea is to avoid duplicating something memory-expensive as the content of a request. Nevertheless it takes much more for the AdminCC of the new queue to read the request, as he/she has to do more clicks ("links", "parent").
Anyone who noticed this behaviour and improved it?
I haven't gone deep on this yet, as I'm on configuring/customizing SLA extension right now

Thanks