[rt-users] Articles rights

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 12 21:50:02 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 05:59:56PM +0200, Daniel Garcia Mejia wrote:
> I have one question about Articles that I have not found searching
> by Google.
> I want to build a RT system that has different articles (with
> differents category)  but with different visibility permissions
> according to differents user groups. It is possible?
>
> I only see one permission 'ShowArticles', but show ALL articles. I
> want to show by category for example...

You want to split your Articles up across Classes.
You can read more about Classes in
docs/customizing/articles_introduction.pod
and then grant ShowArticles on each of those.
Also keep in mind that Classes can be assigned to a particular Queue,
in addition to Globally, so you can control where they show up.

-kevin