[rt-users] Inline images and web interface questions

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 13 10:11:50 EDT 2012

On 06/13/2012 09:36 AM, Scott Sjodin wrote:
> First off, thanks so much for your assistance in helping me get RT
> working thus far, this is an awesome community!
>
> Secondly, onto my questions. I've noticed that if I start a ticket via
> e-mail, and in the string of replies/comments, insert an image, that
> image then just becomes an attachment and not an inline image in the
> e-mail chain. You basically have to open the web interface to see inline
> images. Is there a way to change this?

This will be fixed by a 4.2 feature.

> Finally, when making a comment or reply in the web interface, the e-mail
> that is sent simply sends JUST that comment or reply, instead of the
> whole chain. Is there also a way to change this as well?

This is really unfriendly to people on the ticket since they've already
received all the previous mail.  Why send them the same content over and
over again just making it harder to read the relevant part?

You can do it if you want by putting code in the appropriate template to
include other transactions.