[rt-users] List of privileged users

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 05:37:26 EDT 2012

On 15 Jun 2012, at 07:52, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> How do I get the list of privleged users?
>
> This is what I have so far
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
>  use strict;
>  use Carp;
>  use Getopt::Long;
>
>  use lib qw(/opt/rt3/lib /opt/rt3/etc);
>
>  use RT::Interface::CLI qw(CleanEnv GetCurrentUser GetMessageContent loc);
>  CleanEnv();
>
>  use RT;

>  use RT::Ticket;
>  use RT::Tickets;

Don't you mean:

use RT::Users;

instead of the above two lines?

>  RT::LoadConfig();
>
>  RT::Init();
>
>  my $PrivilegedUsers = RT::Users->new ( $RT::SystemUser );
>  $PrivilegedUsers->LimitToPrivileged;
>

>  while ( my $PrivilegedUser = $PrivilegedUsers->Next ) {
>         print $PrivilegedUser."\n";  # <== this only prints hash

$PrivilegedUser is a reference  to a perl object (hence you get the class name and an identifier for the object).  In order to get the data out of the object, you have to call an accessor method:

print $PrivilegedUser->Name, "\n";

or

print $PrivilegedUser->EmailAddress, "\n";

depending on what you want.

>  }
>
>  $RT::Handle->Disconnect();

I don't think you need that bit - it'll all be closed cleanly as the script exits anyway.

Tim