[rt-users] RT and CRM functions/integration

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Thu Mar 1 05:49:14 EST 2012

What do service companies based around RT do when they formalise their
sales processes? I've only ever seen CRM done completely independently,
but now I'm wondering if there's a better way. RT is the opposite of a
CRM (the scale of the numbers and the direction of the communication are
inverses) but often an IT service company wants to keep sales close to
fulfillment, and fulfillment always happens through RT.

At one level, RT can do very transactional, short-cycle sales just like
any question-response cycle. At the other extreme, RT can't possibly map
onto a contacts-driven sales system. But I'm wondering if there might be
some ground in the middle, where the true CRM stuff is handled elsewhere
but RT is aware of the workflow.

So, who does CRM integration with RT?  :-)

Regards,

--
Dan Shearer
dan at shearer.org