[rt-users] RT 4.0.5 Inconsistently sending mail

Dustin Berube dustin.berube at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 09:19:20 EST 2012

Good Day,

I am running RT 4.0.5 on Debian 6 (installed from source) with a Postgres
DB backend. Ever since completing the upgrade approximately two weeks ago
we have been seeing the following error intermittently in the UI on
tickets. When we did the upgrade we installed a fresh installation of RT on
a new server and also took the opportunity to migrate from MySQL to
Postgres.

Wed Mar 07 09:08:16 2012The RT System itself - System error
 <http://rt.fccv-itsup01.fccoc.local/Ticket/Attachment/92696/56957/>
 Sending the previous mail has failed. Please contact your admin, they can
find more details in the logs.

When I look into the logs I see the following actions for the ticket
transaction (reply, comment)

Mar  7 09:08:16 fccv-itsup01 RT:
<rt-4.0.5-28242-1331129296-491.4222-5-0 at rt.fccv-itsup01.fccoc.local>
#4222/92694 - Scrip 5 On Correspond Notify AdminCcs
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)

Mar  7 09:08:16 fccv-itsup01 RT:
<rt-4.0.5-28242-1331129296-361.4222-7-0 at rt.fccv-itsup01.fccoc.local>
#4222/92694 - Scrip 7 On Correspond Notify Other Recipients
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)

Mar  7 09:08:16 fccv-itsup01 RT:
<rt-4.0.5-28242-1331129296-361.4222-7-0 at rt.fccv-itsup01.fccoc.local> No
recipients found. Not sending.
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:352)

Mar  7 09:08:16 fccv-itsup01 RT:
<rt-4.0.5-28242-1331129296-1695.4222-6-0 at rt.fccv-itsup01.fccoc.local>
#4222/92694 - Scrip 6 On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)

Mar  7 09:08:16 fccv-itsup01 RT:
CurrentUserSelectQueue---22---CreateTicket---0ticketsSelectQueue---22---CreateTicket---1create_in_types_session_idActionsmy_rt_portletsCurrentSearchHashNextPagei
at
/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RTx-AssetTracker/html/Callbacks/AssetTracker/Elements/Tabs/Privileged
line 11.
(/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RTx-AssetTracker/html/Callbacks/AssetTracker/Elements/Tabs/Privileged:11)

The common trend for the tickets that generate these messages is that they
are external users to our organization that are being auto created on
ticket submission. I have verified that the users have valid email address
populated in RT. When this occurs it stops the user correspondence
(auto-reply, reply to ticket, etc) and the Admin CC from being sent.

I should also add that the Scrips being executed in the examples above are
stock script that shipped with RT with no modifications.

Any help on where to look to get further information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin