[rt-users] TicketObj->Id to string for html

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Mon Mar 12 12:09:17 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Izz Abdullah <Izz.Abdullah at hibbett.com>wrote:

> Ok, understood.  Short of buying a Mason book, I can rewrite some
> javascript to work out the print, but I am still not able to convert
> TicketObj->id to a string.  Can you assist there please?

As Tom pointed out below:

".$id
Is invalid Mason.

When you want to add the value os one of your Perl variables to the output
that you're generating [and that's really the whole point of Mason, isn't
it? ],
you need to use the Mason Tag Syntax and set your access to Perl variables
between a <% %> pair of tag symbols.  So, as Tom also pointed out,  your
code above needs to look like this code:

$id %>"

As for buying the book, there is a "read it online" link in the box on the
right side, which will take you to an online HTML version of the book that
you can use for reference at  http://masonbook.com/book/

Len.

--
lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com   614-404-4214