[rt-users] rt 4.0.5 - Autocomplete field type for external custom field does not work for non root user

Jim Lesinski jim.lesinski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:52:00 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I created and applied a patch using rt-4.0.5 (the version I am on) and the
4.0/context-on-custom-fields branch and it does not seem to have fixed the
issue at all. I outlined the steps I used to make a patch just in case that
is incorrect, but I did check the files that were changed and they do have
the additional lines added and removed where I would expect them.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

HOW TO MAKE A GIT PATCH (or at least how I made it )
====================================================================================================================
BACK UP YOUR REQUEST TRACKER DIRECTORY

In this example I am making a patch for the rt-4.0.5 tagged version using
the 4.0/context-on-custom-fields branch

1. Change to a directory to work in like /tmp/patch or something
cd /tmp
md patch
cd patch

2. Clone the latest stable version
git clone https://github.com/bestpractical/rt.git -b stable

3. Change to the stable directory
cd stable

4. Make a patch from the two branch names or a tag name and a branch name.
In the case below, I could not
get the branch name to work because it included a forward slash so I used
the commit id... Maybe someone can chime in?
This didn't work: git format-patch rt-4.0.5..4.0/context-on-custom-fields
--stdout > fields.patch

git format-patch
94acf9055ccb6a7368d539dcc8f1d2684016e8ef..2b3265a91a4e5e8cdf724ea218ea30fa501f73b2
--stdout > fields.patch

5. Change to the RequestTracker install directory
cd /opt/rt4

6. This shows what changes are in the patch:
git apply --stat /tmp/patch/stable/fields.patch

7. This allows you to try out the patch:
git apply --check /tmp/patch/stable/fields.patch

8. And Finally this applies the patch:
git apply -v /tmp/patch/stable/fields.patch