[rt-users] rt 4.0.5 - Autocomplete field type for external custom field does not work for non root user

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 12 22:22:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 06:52:00PM -0400, Jim Lesinski wrote:
>    get the branch name to work because it included a forward slash so I used the commit id...
>    Maybe someone can chime in?
>    This didn't work: git format-patch rt-4.0.5..4.0/context-on-custom-fields --stdout >
>    fields.patch
>    git format-patch
>    94acf9055ccb6a7368d539dcc8f1d2684016e8ef..2b3265a91a4e5e8cdf724ea218ea30fa501f73b2 --stdout >
>    fields.patch

It's not the forward slash, those are absolutely legal, the problem is
that you had no local copy of the branch.

git checkout 4.0/context-on-custom-fields
git format-patch 4.0-trunk or git format-patch rt-4.0.5
will get you the 4 patches (your --stdout > file.patch would work
too). Although your incant *should* have created the correct set of
files.

After applying the patches, clearing your mason cache and restarting
apache, are you still seeing a warning in the debug logs?

-kevin